Unitronic is pleased to present its 3'' Turbo-Back Exhaust System for the MK5 Jetta/GLI (2006-2008.5) equipped with the transverse 2.0 TFSI engine. Featuring TIG welded, T304 Stainless Steel CNC mandrel bent construction, stainless steel corrugated flex section, high flow 200-cell metallic catalytic converter, and straight-through, free flowing design; Unitronic's Turbo-Back Exhaust System is designed to remove the factory exhaust restrictions to unleash the full potential of the 2.0 TFSI engine.
Like all of Unitronic's Performance Exhaust Systems, a unique v-band fastener system, using T316 Stainless Steel flanges was utilized to ensure a leak proof connection every time. This is achieved through a locking ring on all Unitronic v-band flanges to guarantee a centric alignment of the two flanges. Unitronic's mufflers feature a high density, high temperature glass fiber packing and are stamped with the Unitronic logo.
These attributes combined ensure the maximum performance possible while maintaining a comfortable and unobtrusive tone inside the cabin. Exiting at the rear, exhaust gasses pass through a pair of 3.5-inch slash cut tips, and engraved with the Unitronic logo.
Features / Benefits
- 3-inch T304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing:
- Quality Material that will not rust and will outlast your vehicle.
- T316 stainless steel v-band flange flanges:
- Durable and rust proof.
- Direct bolt-on fitment with OEM mounting locations:
- Use all Factory mounting location on the engine and on front subframe.
- Factory catalyst position:
- Assure maximum efficiency of the catalytic converter in line with OEM catalytic converter warm up strategy.
- 200-cell metallic matrix high-flow catalyst:
- Highly durable Matrix allowing minimal power loss while assuring maximum efficiency.
- OEM-inspired catalytic converter heat shield:
- Help to reduce radiant heat in the engine bay.
- 80mm to 76.2mm turbo to downpipe transition:
- Assure a smooth flow transition between Turbine housing and 3” Stainless steel piping.
- OEM Oxygen sensor placement:
- No need for O2 sensor extension or modification of the wiring harness.
- 4-inch Corrugated stainless steel flex section:
- High quality flex that will stay leak proof for years. It allows engine movement without stressing the factory rubber mounts.
- TIG welded construction:
- Professionally hand welded to assure longevity and leak proof.
- Unique v-band fastening system featuring Clampco® clamps:
- Maintain a perfect alignment every time while insuring a leak proof connection.
- Sound Absorption Technology:
- Perforated chamber packed with High quality and durable high temperature Fiberglass wool. Ensure a deep tone and unwanted frequency absorption.
- Sound Reflection Chamber Technology:
- Sound reflection chamber used to cancel unwanted sound frequency and ensure a deep tone.
- Straight-Through, Free Flowing Muffler Design:
- Optimal performance achieved by removing restriction and reducing back pressure.
- Polished 3.5-inch Slash Cut Exhaust Tips:
- Mirror polished tips engraved with the Unitronic logo.
- Unitronic 3" 2.0 TFSI Downpipe
- Unitronic MK5 Jetta/GLI 3" Axle Pipe w/ Muffler
- Unitronic MK5 Jetta/GLI 3" Mid-Pipe w/ Muffler
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Exhaust Clamps (4x)
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Sealing Rings (4x)
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Adapter Link
- All Necessary Hardware Included
- Stage 2
Featuring a unique v-band fastening system and engineered using the latest in 3D modeling technology, Unitronic Performance Exhaust Systems are made easy to install.