Unitronic is pleased to present its 3-inch Performance Turbo-Back Exhaust System for the VW MK6 GTI.
Featuring a TIG welded, T304 stainless steel CNC mandrel bent construction and straight-through, free flowing design, Unitronic's Performance Turbo-Back Exhaust System was developed to remove the factory exhaust restrictions to unleash the full potential of the engine. Like all of Unitronic's Performance Exhaust Systems, a sealing V-Band fastener system, using T316 stainless steel flanges, was utilized to ensure a leak proof connection every time.
With standard flat V-Band flanges, the joining sections can shift over time and can even lead to leaks if not corrected. With the ring sealed design that comes with every Unitronic Exhaust, leaks and sliding of the flange is eliminated by a crush ring to ensure proper sealing and mounting. With matching the V-Band clamp to the flange profile and including a sealing ring, we have ensured a consistent and precise fit.
Unitronic's mufflers feature a high density, high temperature glass fiber packing and are stamped with the Unitronic logo. These attributes combined ensure the maximum performance possible while maintaining a comfortable and unobtrusive tone inside the cabin. Exiting at the rear, exhausts gasses pass through a pair of 4-inch slash cut tips and engraved with the Unitronic logo.
Features / Benefits
- 3-inch T304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing:
- Quality Material that will not rust and will outlast your vehicle.
- T316 Stainless Steel V-Band Flanges:
- Durable, rust proof and cnc machined.
- 80mm to 76.2mm Turbo to Downpipe Transition:
- Ensure a smooth flow transition between Turbine housing and 3” Stainless steel piping.
- 4-inch Corrugated Stainless Steel Flex Section:
- High quality flex with inner interlock that will stay leak proof for years. It allows engine movement without stressing the factory rubber mounts.
- Factory Catalyst Position:
- Ensure maximum efficiency of the catalytic converter in line with OEM catalytic converter warm up strategy.
- 200-Cell Metallic Matrix High-Flow Catalyst:
- Highly durable Matrix allowing minimal power loss while assuring maximum efficiency and flow.
- OEM-Inspired Catalytic Converter Heat Shield:
- Help to reduce radiant heat in the engine bay.
- OEM Oxygen Sensor Placement:
- No need for O2 sensor extension or modification of the wiring harness.
- Unique V-Band Fastening System Featuring Clampco® Clamps:
- Maintain a perfect alignment every time while insuring a leak proof connection every time. Fully reusable and quick install.
- TIG Welded Construction:
- Professionally hand welded to ensure longevity, resistance and leak proof.
- Direct Bolt-On Fitment:
- Use all factory exhaust hanger and doesn’t require any modification or adjustment.
- Sound Reflection Chamber Technology:
- Sound reflection chamber used to cancel unwanted sound frequency and ensure a deep tone.
- Sound Absorption Technology:
- Perforated chamber packed with High quality and durable high temperature Fiberglass wool. Assure a deep tone and unwanted frequency absorption.
- Straight-Through, Free Flowing Muffler Design:
- Optimal performance achieved by removing restriction and reducing back pressure.
- Polished 4-inch Slash Cut Exhaust Tips:
- Mirror polished tips engraved with the Unitronic logo.
- Unitronic 3" Downpipe Section
- Unitronic 3" Axle Pipe w/ Muffler
- Unitronic 3" Mid-Pipe w/ Muffler
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Exhaust Clamps (4x)
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Sealing Rings (4x)
- Unitronic 3" V-Band Adapter Link
- All Necessary Hardware Included
- Stage 2
Featuring a unique v-band fastening system and engineered using the latest in 3D modeling technology, Unitronic Performance Exhaust Systems are made easy to install. Click or tap here for installation instructions.