Cam follower (aka Lifter) - Hydraulic - 'Lightweight' German Type - VW 8v, 16v, 12v VR6 - Audi early 4-cyl, 5-cylinder to 1995, 12v V6
Sold individually. High quality INA brand part.
This is a lightweight hydraulic lifter option which was standard on 1995.5 and up Audi, and 1999.5 and up Mk4 VW 8v. Reducing your reciprocating mass in the valve train frees up power and reduces wear. Quality German OEM supplier brand, hydraulic lifter for most VW engines up to 2005 (not for 1.8t) / Audi engines up to 1997. New cam followers are recommended whenever you install a new camshaft into your car, install new valves, or when they begin to stick, get noisy, or lose oil pressure. These are simple, drop-in replacements that require no shimming or other mechanical changes.
Please note instructions to allow 30 minutes bleed off time for pressure, turn engine over by hand at least once, then let engine sit for 24 hours (ideally) before starting. Failure to comply can cause valve / piston contact in some applications.
- Mk1 Scirocco / Cabriolet 8v from 1988 to 1993 (please note, some 8v models before 1988 use mechanical (aka 'solid') cam followers, if in doubt get the part number from your head and contact NGP for the proper cam follower type
- Mk1 Scirocco 16v, 1986-1988
- Mk2 Golf / GTI / Jetta, 1985-1992, including 8v / 16v / diesel models
- Mk3 Golf / GTI / Jetta 8v / VR6 / TDI, 1993-1999
- Mk4 GTI / Jetta 8v / TDI VR6, 1999.5-2005 (*not for 24v)
- Corrado G60 / VR6, 1990-1995
- Eurovan 2.4 5-cylinder
- Passat B3 / B4 16v / 8v / VR6 / TDi, 1990-1997
- Audi Cabriolet, 200, 5000, 80 / 90 V6 up to 1995
- Audi Coupe Quattro, 200, S6 / S4, 80 / 90 5-cylinder up to 1996
- Audi A4 12v V6
- Audi A6 12v V6
Replaces OE lifter part number 034109309AD
|Free Ground Shipping Over $99||N/A|
|Free Ground Shipping||No|