Banks Power iDash 1.8 DataMonster Expansion Gauge - OBDII/CAN-Bus
Please note that this listing is for the DataMonster version of the iDash 1.8. The main difference betwen the Super Gauge and the DataMonster is that the DataMonster has logging capabilities and the Super Gauge does not. This particular model is also the Expansion version. Please only purchase this gauge if you already have a Primary gauge.
Vehicle Monitoring like no other! — Banks iDash 1.8 DataMonster opens a window into the vital inner workings of your vehicle, letting you see what’s beyond the dashboard. This instrument monitors, displays, and data logs multiple vehicle parameters such as speed, EGT, AFR, RPM, and engine temp. In addition, the iDash 1.8 calculates Banks proprietary and/or patented information such as manifold air density, intercooler effectiveness and more. Plus it logs performance, can set custom alerts. The iDash 1.8 can also be used in pre-OBD-II vehicles by utilizing Banks expansion modules as well as numerous aftermarket ECUs.
The Banks iDash 1.8 is designed to help you get the most out of your driving experience.
Please note that a gauge mount is not included with this gauge. If you need assistance finding a way to mount your gauge, please feel free to contact us.
Information... lots of information!
When it comes to your vehicle, information is key. If you don't know what is going on under the hood, how can you know that it's running optimally? The Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge allows you to see information that your dashboard doesn't share. Whether your towing and want to keep an eye on your Exhaust Gas Temperature, or driving around town monitoring your Engine Load, the Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge will tell you what your dashboard will not.
Pick what you want to see, where you want to see it and how it’s displayed. Populate the screen with English or Metric units and choose from 100's of pre-loaded gauges.
Data-Logging and view up to 100 parameters!
Banks all-NEW Banks iDash 1.8 DataMonster adds data-logging capability. With a single iDash 1.8 DataMonster you can display up to eight parameters at a time — but with more iDash 1.8 gauges, you can keep your eye on even more. By connecting up to four iDash 1.8 SuperGauges or DataMonsters, you increase the total monitoring and control. With this configuration you can see up to 32 gauge readings at the same time to monitor much more of what is going on under the hood. Crazy right! If you’re into big data, this is the SuperGauge for you!
Freedom to expand as you want, and mount where you please!
- Choose which parameters you want
- Up to 100 parameters at a time
- One-button Start/Stop feature
- No limit to how long you can record*
- Records at up to 20 samples per second†
- On-screen indicator to confirm status
- Records to microSD card
*With a 4gb card, you can record for over a month straight. But we do recommend that you get some sleep!
Information at your fingertips.
- Play back data-logs on the iDash 1.8 gauge(s)
- No computer required
- Display any of the parameters recorded
- Pause, fast-forward, rewind and step
- View on primary & secondary iDash 1.8 gauge(s)
Review your data like the pros!
- View and analyze your recorded data
- Transfer log files to your computer via microSD
- Records in universal “.csv” file format
- Compatible with Excel
- Compatible with many third party data viewing/analysis software or apps
Populate your Gauges
OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics port) — Information is key, and you want it direct from the source. The Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge pulls data straight from your OBD-II connector. That is the port where your vehicle's ECU (or brain) shares all of it's secrets and the iDash is more than happy to relate that information to you.
Aftermarket ECUs – This version of the iDash includes a power and CAN harness that you wire directly to your aftermarket ECU. Once connected, the iDash will be able to read many of the internal parameters of your standalone ECU such as AFR, knock, EGT and much more.
- Holley: ECUs that support “Racepak Dashboard” CAN configuration
- Edelbrock: Pro Flo 4
- Motec: M1
- Motec: M400, M600, M800, M880, M84
- Haltech: All Can Bus Equipped Haltech ECUs
- AEM: Infinity EMS (30-71XX), AEM V2 & EMS-4 (30-6XXX)
- Link: All Link G4+ ECUs
- Megasquirt: MS2, MS3, MSPNP, MS3pro, MS3Pro PNP
- Emtron: ECUs with CAN output
- ECU Master: EMU Series
ECUs in Beta Development. (Contact Banks Customer support if you are interested in testing for these ECUs)
- ProEFI: Pro48, Pro128
- Hondata: KPRO, S300
- MaxxECU ECUs with CAN output
- Adaptronic: ECUs with CAN output
- ...More coming soon!
Soo much data!
What... the 100's of parameters available over OBD-II isn't enough for you? Expand what you can do with additional modules from Banks Power! With our expanding line of performance sensor modules, you can monitor anything your heart desires. With our expanded suite of sensors, you can monitor density, pressure, voltage, temperature, and so much more.
Add over 40 additional sensors
- Data integrates seamlessly with iDash
- View, data-log, set alerts with iDash
- Plug and Play
- High accuracy
- Fast responding
- Flexible configuration
- Simple to set up
- Easy firmware updates through iDash
Set safety alerts to your preference. No more relying on the dummy lights in your dash board to alert you after it's too late! Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge allows you to more accurately monitor system vitals, and alerts you to a problem before it's too late. With visual notifications, you will know right away that something is wrong, and what it is.
Never be left unaware.
- Set custom low and high alerts
- Choose any parameter
- Monitor any Min/Max value you set
- Constantly monitored whether on-screen or not
- Warns of any potentially harmful conditions
- On-screen notifications
- Smarter than the “dummy” lights on your dash
No more bouncing off the rev limiter as you punch it up the freeway on-ramp!
- User programmable
- Adjust shift point to any RPM value
- Choose any color combination
- High visibility
The Doctor is in — Vehicle Diagnostics
Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge opens a window into the vital inner workings of your vehicle’s ECU, letting you see what’s beyond your dashboard gauges. Check/Clear diagnostic codes at the touch of a button. And the best part? Logged events are defined in plain English, not just codes, so you don’t need a factory manual, or a trip to the dealership, to know what you’re looking at.
Monitor Vitals — Monitor vehicle functions accordingly, so you’ll always know exactly what your engine is doing. Set your vehicle’s safety zones and the Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge will let you know where you stand. Replaces the dumbed-down factory gauges with informative displays.
Diagnose Problems — Check/Clear diagnostic codes at the touch of a button. And the best part? Logged events are defined in plain English, not just codes. Now you know what is wrong with your vehicle before taking it into the shop for repairs.
Review Max Values — With the Max Values screen, you can monitor to see just how high certain parameters are reaching. This allows you to focus on other things, like driving, and check back at your convenience to see just how hot your engine ran or RPMs revved.
The iDash 1.8 is like having a personal technician in your corner.
- Auto technician at your service
- Read/clear most diagnostic codes
- Most codes are defined in plain English
- Discover what is wrong with your vehicle
- Clear “check engine light”
- Reads vehicle Emissions Systems status
- Make sure your vehicle is ready
- Know what to look into before SMOG testing
- Save money on repeated testing
- Know what’s wrong before visiting a mechanic
Expandable — Want more, Do more!
With a single iDash 1.8 you can display up to eight parameters at a time — but with more iDash 1.8 gauges, you can keep your eye on even more. By connecting up to four iDash 1.8 SuperGauges, you increase the total monitoring and control. With this configuration you can see up to 32 gauge readings at the same time to monitor much more of what is going on under the hood. Crazy right! If you’re into big data, this is the SuperGauge for you!
Freedom to expand as you want, and mount where you please!
- Connect up to four iDash 1.8 gauges
- Connected iDash 1.8 gauges work together
- Standard 2-1/16” (52mm) diameter format
- Fits most universal gauge mounts on the market
— Steering column
— Banks windshield mount
The possibilities are endless...
Pick what you want to see, where you want to see it and how it’s displayed.
Choose your color — What’s YOUR favorite color? With Banks iDash 1.8 you can adjust the various gauge styles to match either your vehicle’s dash, or to your personal favorite. The choice is yours!
- Choose from a variety of gauge layouts
- Display 2-8 values at a time per gauge
- Choose any parameter available
- View what matters to you
- Over 300 parameters available*
- Standard or Metric units
- Built-in sensor for auto-dimming
- Change the color of text & bar graphs
- Connect multiple gauges
- Control Banks products
- Monitor vehicle performance
- Plus so much more
*Availability of parameters varies by vehicle.
- Customizable gauge display
- Read Boost Pressure, EGT and so much more
- Avoid costly repairs by monitoring important sensors
- Display 2-8 values
- Read up to 80 OBDII Mode 01 values
- Over 300 parameters available
- View Data your dash does not display
- Displays accurate values your OEM dash gauges filter
- Includes patented OBDII Density (exclusive to Banks) U.S. Patent #7,593,808 & 7,254,477
- Log up to 20 min/max values
- Optional Data-Logging records up to 100 values continuously
- Built-in Shift & RPM Light
- Connect multiple iDash 1.8 gauges
- Auto-Dimming Feature
- Fits standard 52mm (2-1/16 inch) gauge mounts
- Allows forced stationary regen on L5P Duramax
- Features vary by application