Tyrolsport VW Mk5 & Mk6 Aluminum Rear Hatch Brace - Mk5 GTI, Rabbit, Mk6 Golf, GTI, Golf R
The VW/Audi Mk5/6 chassis, like other hatchbacks prior, experience a large amount of chassis flex during cornering. This chassis flex negatively affects vehicle handling. The Tyrolsport Hatch Brace solves this issue by locking the hatchback hard points together with a revolutionary system of billet aluminum clamps and specifically designed rigid bars.
The Hatch Brace uses side-specific mounts precision-machined from 6061 T6 billet aluminum, with a sleek design that clamps around the rear seat back latch. These special mounts require absolutely no drilling of the vehicle chassis, and do not interfere with rear seat movement or locking. The full interior is maintained even with the installation of the Tyrolsport Hatch Brace, with only minimal trimming required to the rear quarter plastic trim. These features are unique to the marketplace.
Installation is a breeze, requires little technical experience, and can be easily accomplished in less than 30 minutes by an enthusiast. The bar can be removed in less than five minutes if a user needs to utilize the full space of their hatch, another feature unique to the marketplace.
The hatch brace comes in two forms; Stage 1, and Stage 2.
- Stage1 is for street enthusiasts who want better handling and chassis stiffness.
- Stage 2 adds an additional triangulating bar for maximum stiffness.
- Stage2 is designed for enthusiasts who may AutoX or attend HPDE events.
- Stage 3 adds an addition bottom bracket so you can run a third bar parrallel to the top bar
- Stage 3 is designed for enthusiasts who may AutoX or attend HPDE events.
All Time Trial vehicles should check with ruling before purchase
The Aluminum bar is made from high grade 6061 T6 swaged aluminum tubing. The bars are connected to the billet clamp mounts with PTFE lined 7075 Aluminum spherical bearing rod ends and stainless steel fasteners. All of the materials used in the hatch brace are the best available.
- Side-specific, black anodized precision-machined 6061-T6 aluminum hatch brace mounts
- Custom 7075 Aluminum, PTFE lined, spherical bearing rod ends
- 18-8 Stainless steel fasteners
- All brace installation hardware and ball hex drive T-handle included
- 30 minute installation – no drilling required
- Less than 3 lbs
- 100% USA researched, designed, and manufactured
- Available in multiple combinations for added rigidity
- Stage 1 with bar, clamps and installation hardware
- Stage 2 adds bottom bracket to triangulate bar