Dieselgeek Sigma 6 Speed Short Shift Kit
The Dieselgeek Sigma 6 short shifter greatly reduces the throw of your shifts by replacing the entire under hood shifter assembly with a full billet unit. Installing this shifter will result in crisper, more direct and shorter shifts; perfect for those that like to slam their car into gear under heavy acceleration.
Dieselgeek Sigma 6 shifters fit on the following cars with an 02M, 02Q, or MQ350 transmission:
- 2012-2020 VW Mk6, Mk7, Mk7.5 Golf R
- 2015-2020 VW Mk7, Mk7.5 GTI
- 2007-2020 VW Mk5, Mk6 Golf and Jetta TDI
- 2009-2019 VW Mk5, Mk6, Mk7 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, Golf Sportwagen TDI and 1.8T gas (6 speed only)
- 2017-2019 VW Mk7 Golf Alltrack
- 2006-2020 VW Mk5, Mk6, MK7 GTI, GTD, and Jetta GLI
- 2004/2008 VW Mk4 R32 & Mk5 R32
- 2008-2017 VW B6 CC
- 2012-2020 VW NMS (B7) Passat TDI
- 2006-2016 VW Eos
- 2000-2020 Audi A3, S3 6spd
- 2002-2005 VW GTI 337/20th Anniversary Edition/24V VR6
- 2003-2005 VW Mk4 Jetta GLI 1.8T/VR6 & GLX 24V VR6
- 2002-2005 VW New Beetle "Turbo S"
- 2012-2018 VW Beetle Turbo and TDI
- All years Audi TT Quattro (5 and 6 spd) and TTS
Please read this, especially if you have a Mk4.
If you are having any issues shifting, Dieselgeek suggests replacing any bad shifter bushings prior to installing the Sigma shifter. The Mk4's are only getting older and it is likely that one or more bushings in your shifter box needs to be replaced. If you have bad bushings in your shifter box, you will not be able to properly adjust the shifter. Watch this YouTube video and do the test shown prior to installing your shifter:
Please note that this shifter can be on the notchier side when compared to the factory shifter and requires a slightly heavier throw to fully engage. This shifter pairs well with a BFI heavy weight shift knob since the extra weight helps to "push" the selector into place. If you prefer a shift that is shorter but feels smooth like it does stock, we recommend using the APR shifter instead.