Racingline VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 Inlet
The VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 inlet for MQB Golf 7 GTI/R and Audi A3/S3 has been engineered as a simple upgrade to significantly increase air flow into the turbocharger. It’s the perfect complement to either our VWR R600 Cold Air Intake, the standard airbox or indeed any other aftermarket intake system.
A simple fitment, the VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 is a large diameter, free flowing intake elbow, CNC machined from aluminium billet to replace the small and restrictive plastic factory inlet. Without it, you’re wasting the potential of your high-flow intake system – as all of your hard-won smooth flowing intake charge has to taper down to pass through the tight and restrictive bend of the factory part.
The result? Back-to-back comparisons against the factory elbow on our flow bench reveals an impressive improvement in airflow. We’ve seen some surprisingly significant power and torque increases from the fitment of the VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 as a result of the faster turbo spool and increased airflow it generates. You’ll even hear an enhanced sound from your turbo as another benefit for any enthusiast
Key Tech Specs:
CNC constructed from T6-6061 aircraft grade aluminium and hard anodised in gloss black to look good, and stay looking good. The white laser-etched RacingLine logo is the final touch.
The VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 is compatible with all factory IHI turbos used in the MQB EA888 1.8T and 2.0T engined cars, and is compatible with the VWR R600 intake, the factory airbox, or any other aftermarket intake.
Fitting is very straightforward. The kit is installed in around 10 minutes using just hand tools. And easily returned to standard, should you ever wish.
By taking away the standard plastic elbow's highly restrictive airflow path between the inlet pipe and the turbocharger, the VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 gives a worthwhile power gain through smoothing and opening the turn into the turbo.
The VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 is perfectly matched with other RacingLine parts - power and response gains are especially worthwhile when combined with the VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe, the R600 Cold Air Intake and our Turbo Muffler Delete.
The higher your power level, the greater the benefit. That’s why the VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 is included in our Stage 3 upgrade – we simply can’t get to the power levels without it.
- Back-to-back comparisons against the factory elbow on VWR's flow bench reveals an impressive improvement in airflow. VWR has seen some surprisingly significant power and torque increases from the fitment of the VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 as a result of the faster turbo spool and increased airflow it generates. You’ll even hear an enhanced sound from your turbo as another benefit.
- The VWR High-Flow Turbo 90 has been engineered to aid an increase in air flow to the turbocharger, replacing the restrictive plastic factory elbow pipe between the turbo and the turbocharger inlet pipe.
- Through improving airflow into the turbo, especially when combined with a VWR R600 intake system and our High Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe (or any aftermarket or even standard versions of either), more power is produced, turbo lag is reduced and better fuel efficiency is achieved.
- Maximised efficiency and improved drivability and torque throughout the rev range means the turbocharger spool comes in earlier at lower revs. When combined with our other parts, such as the Turbo Inlet Pipe, and High Flow Muffler Delete, this really reduces lag and creates faster turbo response - all to the benefit of power levels.
- With simple fitment and wide compatibility, this is a simple, cost-effective and easy upgrade to your car.
Fits the following MQB Chassis Vehicles:
VW Mk7 Golf 1.8T
VW Mk7 GTI 2.0T
VW Mk7 Golf R 2.0T
Audi Mk2 A3 1.8T 2.0T
Audi MK3 TT and TTs 2.0T
Audi MQB/8V Chassis S3 2.0T