JHM Front 2-piece Lightweight Rear Rotors for B8/B8.5 S4, S5 (1 pair)
This product ships directly from our supplier.
These rotors shave 11 lbs of unsprung weight from the front of your car while increasing braking performance, plus they bolt on just like stock! This is great alternative to a full on Big Brake Kit since the stock B8-S4 and S5 rotor is already a stout 330mm (12.9") and most may not want to spend $2,000+ for a full Big Brake Kit. JHM has basically brought the same high performance great cooling designed rotor to these drop-in (fit like stock) front rotors and at a 1/4 of the price or less of a full Big Brake Kit.
Type 3 Black Anodized Hat Finish
Due to popular demand, all of the JHM 2-piece, lightweight rotors now come with black anodized rotor hats featuring Type 3, hard anodizing, the highest quality and hardest anodizing available for aluminum. This makes the rotor hats more resistant to fade and wear and will hide brake dust better. Due to popular, demand all lightweight rotor rings also feature zinc plating. This high quality coating will slow the effects of corrosion and keep your rotor rings looking good, even through the winter.
- 2008-2012 Audi B8 S5 4.2L V8
- 2013-2016 Audi B8.5 S5 3.0T
- 2010-2016 Audi B8/B8.5 S4 3.0T
Stock vs. JHM
- Rotor Weight: Stock = 17lbs(each), JHM = 11.5lbs(each) - 32% LIGHTER, 5.5lbs less each.
- Rotor Cooling Air-gap: Stock = 6.35mm(.250"), JHM = 13mm(.511") - LARGER for better cooling
- Rotor Cooling Center Fin Design: Stock = Straight Fin, JHM = Airfoil - MORE EFFICIENT for better cooling
- Rotor OD: Stock = 330mm(12.9"), JHM = 330mm(12.9") - SAME
- Rotor Thickness: Stock = 22mm(.866"), JHM = 22mm(.866") - SAME
- Bolt pattern: - SAME (fits like an OEM rotor would)
- Two JHM 2-piece Lightweight Rear Rotors
Outer ring specs:
JHM has worked closely with a race brake manufacturer that supplies many NASCAR racers and a couple major brake kit companies. Due to their expertise JHM chose to have them build the outer rings to their specs to fit the B8 S4 and S5. The rings feature 12 attachment points for durability and strength.
Center hat specs:
We CNC machine the Aluminum center hats in house based on their recommended materials and thicknesses for durability. 12 attachment points for durability and strength. We also engrave JHM in them in 3 locations equal from each other, it looks clean and doesn't jump out or look tacky.