Integrated Engineering - Forged Connecting Rods For Aftermarket Pistons - Audi, VW 2.0T Gen 1 and Gen 2 EA888 2.0T TSI
This is a special order item. Please feel free to contact us for the latest ETA.
Integrated Engineering is proud to manufacture the forged H beam connecting rod, the highest quality connecting rod set available for European applications at a reasonable price. This is accomplished through careful industry leading design practices, manufacturing, and strict quality control processes. For years Integrated Engineering H beam rods have been the workhorse of our lineup providing excellent performance right out of the box. With very high reliability even in extreme applications the IE H beam design has remained the top choice in builds up to 700+ BHP, even found in four-cylinder cars into the 800+ BHP range.
Extra attention has been paid to even the smallest details such as the bearing tangs, wrist pin fit, and big end side clearance, providing a level of fit and finish not found anywhere else. Each and every set is finish machined and honed in the USA for perfectly round and on size big-end bores, resulting in the industries lowest failure rates. All rods in this series feature generous wrist pin oiling, and optional rifle drilling. One of the hallmarks of a high quality connecting rod is its strength to weight ratio. In order to create this balance of strength and light weight, our optimized H beam design is utlized and validated using modern CAD drafting and FEA analysis techniques. These techniques ensure the rod is as light and strong as possible, perfected for today's powerful and high rpm european applications.
The material specification and treatment is equally important to producing a quality forged connecting rod. Integrated Engineering H beam rods feature 4340 Chrome Moly steel, formed into shape using a 2 piece forging for the highest possible fatigue life. The material is multi-stage heat treated to ensure the highest possible fatigue strength as well as good dimensional stability. This feature ensures that our big ends stay round for a lifetime of bearing trouble free service. Following this pattern of high quality, included ARP 2000 rod bolts are standard in all of our connecting rod applications.
Optional Rifle Drilling
To keep wrist pin wear at the minimum, all Integrated Engineering H Beam Forged rods are available in a rifle drilled option. Rifle drilling forces pressurized oil through a small orifice placed vertically through the rod and further lubricates the pin and bushing. This extra oiling causes less wear and friction between the rod and piston and increasing the life of the internals. We highly recommend the rifle drilling option for street-driven cars, as they typically see more mileage put on them, but works well to extend pin life on any setup. You can select the rifle drilled option above.
- 2 Piece Forgings from Vacuum Drawn 4340 Chrome Moly Steel
- Multi Stage Heat Treat for maximum strength, dimensional stability, and fatigue life.
- Fully Machined and Shot Peened
- Optimized H beam Design
- Tolerances as tight as .0003 ground on Sunnen brand equipment
- Standard ARP2000 Rod Bolts
- Computer Optimized Design
- Magnaflux Inspected
- Dimensionally Inspected
- Packed in balanced sets +/- 1 gram.
- Combination tested to over 700HP+
- Possible to install without removal of engine
Sold as a set of 4.
- Audi - A4 2009-2015 (B8 - B8.5) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - A4 Allroad 2009-2015 (B8 - B8.5) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - A5 2008-2015 (B8 - B8.5) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - Q5 2008-2015 (8R) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - A6 2012-2015 (C7 - C7.5) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - TT 2008-2015 (MK2 - 8J) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - A3 2006-2013 (MK2 - 8P) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- Audi - Q3 2011-2015 (8U) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - GTI 2006-2009 (MK5) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - GTI 2010-2013 (MK6) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2010-2014 (MK6) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - Jetta SportWagen 2011-2014 (MK6) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - CC 2009-2017 (3C8) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - Passat 2006-2010 (B6) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - EOS 2006-2015 (1F7) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- VW - Beetle 2011-2013 (MK2) 2.0T TSI EA888 Gen 1 & 2 engines*
- *ENGINE CODES: CCTA, CCZA, CCZB, CBF, CBFA, CAEB
*REQUIRES FACTORY 21MM WRIST PIN TAPERED PISTONS ONLY
If you need assistance identifying which engine your vehicle is equipped with or if you are unsure which rods you require for your particular build, please feel free to contact us at any time.