DBV2 Hybrid IS38 - Mk7 / Mk7.5 GTI, Golf R, Audi 8V A3, S3
Fits Mk7 & Mk7.5 GTI, Golf R, Audi 8V A3, S3
We are pleased to offer the completely redesigned DBV2 Hybrid IS38 turbo. This turbo is currently offered for the MK7 Golf R and GTI, 8V A3/S3 MQB Platform. This turbo is designed with performance and reliability in mind and created to solve all known issues with the IS38 turbocharger from factory. DBV2 has removed the Kevlar insert in favour of a purely custom machined insert. This Kevlar insert has a very common tendancy to shred and send itself into the internals of your IS38. With DBV2's machined insert, this is now impossible.
Another major improvement is the use of DBV2's machined housings and billet compressor wheel. DBV2 has installed a Billet TD06 compressor wheel into the OEM housing to increase the IS38's power output. This compressor wheel is lighter than the OEM wheel, has extended tips and a 6+6 configuration to increase flow and hold big power up top on the powerband. Where the OEM IS38 falls off, the DBV2 Hybrid pulls hard and holds boost.
The turbine wheel is also a completely new design. To keep a fast spool, a high flowing and lightweight 9 blade design is used. This turbine will ensure more efficient flow and quicker spool over the OEM IS38. DBV2 has covered every aspect of the IS38's short-comings.
Additionally, DBV2 also includes all necessary braided stainless oil lines and our very own turbo muffler delete as well. This is a bolt on, complete package from DBV2 Sport Imports.
DBV2 Hybrid IS38 Specifications:
- V1 Forged billet aluminum, extended tip 6+6 compressor
- V2 Forged billet aluminum, extended tip 5+5 compressor
- High flow, lightweight, fast spooling 9 blade turbine with clipped design
- Precision CNC machined compressor and turbine housings to house the larger wheels and upgraded center section
- Robust thrust bearing design with high surface area to withstand high boost pressures
- Retains OEM housing clocking for easy fitment
- Stock appearance
- Component balanced
- 1 year standard warranty
- Stainless Braided Oil Lines
- DBV2 Turbo Muffler Delete
- Turbine housing ceramic coating - $115
- Exhaust porting - $115
- DBV2 Turbo Inlet Pipe - $100
Please note that you will need to perform some wastegate adjustment after installing this turbocharger. VAG-Com is required to perform this adjustment.