Bilstein B16 PSS10 Ride Control Performance Coilover Kit - VW Mk5 / Mk6 Jetta / B6/B7 Passat / CC / Audi A3 8P
The BILSTEIN B16 (Ride Control®) system allows the driver to electronically select between a Comfort or a Sport performance damping mode with a simple push of the button. The integrated control unit switches the damping settings on all four shocks/struts in fractions of a second to deliver the handling characteristics you desire—all from the comfort of the driver’s seat.
Features & Benefits:
- Illuminated operator panel for controlling settings
- “Comfort” mode creates smooth compensation for uneven surfaces
- “Sport” mode for excellent driving dynamics and maximum power reserves in limited applications
- Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles
- Lowering of approx. 30-50 mm at front and rear
- Road-tested and fine-tuned by BILSTEIN ride engineers, under extreme motorsports conditions
- Spring plates and lock nuts made from a special aluminum alloy
- Surface coating using Triple-C-Technology® for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Round threads for easy adjustment
- Quality sport springs made from highly durable material
- Gas pressure technology
- BILSTEIN monotube technology, made in Germany
About the Bilstein Shocks Included in this System
All Bilstein gas pressure struts/inserts and gas pressure shock absorbers operate on the same principle. They are manufactured with the rod pointing down into the strut tube, thereby utilizing the thicker, stouter body portion of the shock absorber to dissipate side loads. Consequently, due to the increased diameter and surface of the pressure tube, the Bilstein gas pressure strut/insert or shock is better suited to take increased side loads when compared with the conventional version.
Additional advantages, based on development strongly influenced by the motorsport industry, include greater stability, better road handling, and accurate steering. And extremely high quality manufacturing and materials as well as a weather resistant coating to resist oxidation, mean Bilsteins will last approximately four times as long as Original Equipment.
Battling Heat Build Up
Conventional shocks trap the heat within the shock body and prevent adequate dissipation, making them prone to heat build up, fade and eventual failure.
Bilstein's patented design allows the excessive heat from the oil to transfer to the outer surface of the shock body and dissipate more efficiently. The dividing piston also permits the oil to expand as heat builds, preventing aeration (foaming) and viscosity loss. This allows the shock to maintain full damping characteristics as temperatures rise.
The tube of a Bilstein gas pressure shock or strut is fabricated using a special extrusion method. This process achieves an extremely tight peak-to-valley tolerance and maintains consistent wall thickness. Bilstein's seamless monotube design provides superior tube strength while maximizing heat dissipation and shock life.
Ride Comfort and Performance Without Compromise
The piston head design allows independent tuning of the compression and rebound damping forces to provide optimum ride comfort and performance without compromise. It features fewer parts than most conventional designs. The product's simple, yet exceptionally functional digressive design contributes to the extreme durability and long life of Bilstein Shock Absorbers.
Bilstein's shock bodies are precision formed through a unique seamless extrusion process. This provides superior strength along with high finish tolerances. The shock body is then treated with a special paint finish durable enough to withstand grueling 240-hour salt spray tests. The finished body is mated with a solid, induction-hardened steel chrome plated and polished shaft, machined valving components and highest quality seals.
- 2006 - 2009 VW Mk5 Rabbit, GTI models
- 2006 - 2011 VW Mk5 Jetta, GLI models
- 2008 VW Mk5 R32
- 2012 - 2016 VW Mk6 Jetta, GLI models (equipped with 55mm front struts)
- 2006 - 2012 VW B6 Passat FWD and AWD models
- 2009 - 2017 VW B6 CC FWD and AWD models
- 2012+ VW B7 Passat 1.8T, 2.0T, 3.6L
- 2006 - 2014 Audi A3 8P FWD and AWD models
Bilstein products are backed by an aftermarket lifetime warranty.