BFI Heavy Weight Shift Knob - Golf Ball (VW/Audi Fitment) - Maritime Blue Nappa Leather
Due to how quickly these sell, our stock is constantly changing for this product. Please feel free to contact us for availability.
At long last, the new Weighted GSB Golf Ball Shift Knob is here! This modern update on a classic design is nearly twice as heavy (~235g) than the original with its steel upper portion and aluminum lower, shifting effort is substantially reduced while feel is greatly improved.
We don’t use just any leather either. Wrapping the top portion is a semi-analine, uncorrected natural hide; OE Audi “Valcona” leather, soft to the touch but with good wear resistance and durability. Simply put, better shifting you can feel.
The integrated adapter is designed to work with just about any VW/Audi shift lever. The knob's adapter is secured using three set screws for all models.
For early Volkswagen models (MK1->MK3 & B5) no set screws are required, you simply thread the knob on in seconds. For the newer vehicles (VW MK4+ & Audi B6+) we have been very careful to ensure the diameter of the shank insert perfectly matches the shift rod to ensure a precise and secure fit when using the three large set screws. Other “universal” shift knobs have too much slop in the diameter causing them to come loose over a short time. Our billet shift knob is engineered for a secure and lasting installation.
- One heavy weight GSB shift knob with integrated VW/Audi adapter
- One BFI crest logo coin
- One adapter for vehicles without threaded selector shaft
- Three set screws
- p; Allen key for set screws
Options: The GSB Shift knob can be optioned to include an additional "Shift Gate" pattern coin in either 5-Speed or 6-Speed .
- BFI shift knobs will sit at or near the stock height on most vehicles. One exception is the MK7 GTI & Golf R which has a 'hollow' shift knob and shorter selector shaft height. This means our shift knob will sit noticeably lower than stock. Contact us for pictures if necessary.
- The BFI crest coin included with this shift knob is silver plated and may tarnish over time. We recommend lightly polishing the coin with silver jewelry polish to restore its original luster.
|Brand||Black Forest Industries|