AWE Exhaust Suite for Audi B9 SQ5 3.0T
This product ships directly from our supplier.
The SQ5 comes alive:
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE, in the USA
- Max gains of 9 hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling 180 Technology®
- Precision engineered x-pipe and downpipes come standard
- Downpipes available as resonated or non-resonated
- Handcrafted from 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Compatible with standard and sport differentials
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE No Check Engine Light Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty
Touring Edition Exhaust:
Sophistication for the SQ5.
The Touring Edition Exhaust removes the factory valved exhaust and replaces it with AWE’s 180 Technology® drone-canceling resonators (and an electronic valve simulator). This solution provides for a perfect, signature AWE experience: civil within the cabin while cruising, yet all the pops and burbles during acceleration and downshifts.
Thanks to the precision-engineered x-pipe specific for the SQ5, the Touring Edition Exhaust adds an exotic howl under throttle, perfect for Audi’s S-Line SUV.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the 3.0T engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers.
The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. Cool, right? Learn more on AWE’s 180 Technology® in the tab above.
We’ve given you the choice of resonated or non-resonated downpipes. If you’re looking for the epitome of refinement both in and out of the cabin, go resonated. If you’re looking to looking to mix aggression with sophistication, go non-resonated.
What’s in the box?
The Touring Edition Exhaust comes complete with two 180 Technology® resonators, a precision-engineered x-pipe mid section, one AWE electronic valve simulator, non-resonated or resonated downpipes, and all required hardware for installation.