AWE Exhaust Suite for Audi B9 RS5 Sportback 2.9TT
The newfound howl. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the B9 RS 5 Sportback.
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house, in the USA
- Featuring AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution on Touring Edition, 180 Technology®
- Max gains 8 hp and 20 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (catback + piggyback tuner)
- Max gains of 5 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (turbo-back + stock software)
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition or unleashed Track Edition
- Handcrafted from dual 3” U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Downpipes and precision-engineered x-pipe included in all editions
- Direct bolt-on cat-back system for factory-like simplicity
- Performance Catalysts feature precision CNC-machined billet T304 stainless steel flange, and 200 CPSI HJS HD catalyst cores with tri-lobe matrix
- Resonated catbacks available for use with Performance Catalysts
- 180mm RS-style tips come standard
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes and catalyst cores)
A true, dual 3” T304L stainless steel configuration featuring a precision engineered x-pipe specific for the RS5’s 2.9TT, and topped off with AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®. The result is a menacing, aggressive soundtrack throughout the range with a drone-free cabin experience under cruising conditions. RS 5 owners, this is the double-edged sword you’ve been waiting for.
Sound Perfection: 180 Technology® by AWE
As exhaust gases exit the RS 5s’ 2.9L engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. Call it science, call it magic, or call it 180 Technology® by AWE.
If raw and rowdy are your speed, the Track Edition is your dose of steel. The Track Edition Exhaust retains all the precision engineering of the Touring Edition Exhaust, including the X-pipe and 3” diameter tubing, minus the 180 Technology®.
Please note: this version is known to get rowdy in the mid-range and during cruising speeds, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular versions cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
Precision CNC-machined flanges, 127mm 200CPSI HJS HD catalysts with tri-lobe cores, and 3”, .065” wall T304L stainless steel make up the AWE Performance Catalysts. Equipping the Performance Catalysts unlocks welcomed turbo spool sounds out of the 2.9TT along with an aggressive grunt when under load.
Please note: exhausts labeled "Resonated for Performance Catalysts " and the Resonator Conversion Kit are recommended to be used with the Performance Catalysts, but not required. However, Performance Catalysts may not be returned (absent manufacturer defect under normal warranty guidelines) if they’re being run without the recommended exhaust configurations.
Please note: AWE Performance Catalysts are for racing use only, as is any exhaust combination that includes them.
Looking to crank it up or turn it down? No problem. We have conversion kits to allow you to do just that. Turn your Touring Edition into a Track Edition, or vice versa, with ease.
Resonated lower portions of downpipes to be ran with the Performance Catalysts are also available separately.
AWE Touring and Track Editions come standard with diamond black 180mm RS-style oval tips, complete with stamped AWE logo.
What’s in the box?
Complete AWE Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two RS-style oval tips, and all required hardware for installation.
|Free Ground Shipping||Yes|