APR Open Carbon Fiber Intake System - B8, B8.5 Audi S4, S5, SQ5 3.0T
The APR Open Carbon Fiber Intake System is the ultimate intake system for the 3.0 TFSI. The factory system is dramatically undersized, creating a power robbing inlet restriction that’s ever-so apparent at higher horsepower levels. To address this, we’ve done away with the airbox completely and created a new drop-in open system that literally installs in minutes. Our beautiful carbon fiber air-dam directs air into our massively oversized 7” filter with frontal inlet, and includes a thick T304 Stainless-Steel heat shield and air buffer-gap on the back of the carbon fiber shell to reject heat from the engine bay. The 4” inlet is compatible with the factory inlet, or the upgraded APR Ultracharger System, and creates an uninterrupted airflow path into the supercharger for maximum results.
With flow bench gains as high as 268 CFM at 28" of H2O over the factory intake system, we were able to measure an average of 17 AWHP more than the factory system. The intake looks the part with extremely precise fitment, and delivers a scream from the supercharger like none-other. This is the intake system you’ve always needed!
- Massive airflow improvements
- 502 CFM at 28" of H2O Stock
- 770 CFM at 28" of H2O APR w/ UC
- Massive power gains: 17 AWHP @ Stage 2+ (93)
- Carbon fiber air-dam
- T304 stainless steel heat shield
- 7” cotton filter with frontal inlet
- SAI breather filter included
- Billet-aluminum mounting feet
- Billet-aluminum 4” flange adapter
- Compatible with stock an APR Ultracharger setups
- Easily installs in minutes
The APR Intake system dramatically out performs the factory intake system and improves upon the closed box design. As performance increases, so does the importance of a high-flow high-quality intake system as a large pressure drop forms between the factory intake’s inlet and outlet.
As listed in the chart every combination of APR Intake Systems and throttle body pipes dramatically outflowed their stock counterparts. The APR Open Intake System with APR Ultracharger is roughly 35% less restrictive compared to the factory intake at 28" of H2O. By allowing the engine to breathe, the intake system lowers the intake air temperature, and allows for performance gains upwards of 17 AWHP at Stage 2+ (93). As performance climbs further, so do the power gain seen with the APR Intake system!
For more information about the rear throttle body inlet pipe, please visit our product page.
- 2008-2016 Audi B8/B8.5 A4 3.2L V6
- 2008-2016 Audi B8/B8.5 A5 3.2L V6
- 2009-2017 Audi B8/B8.5 Q5 3.2L V6
- 2014-2016 Audi B8.5 Q5 3.0 TDI
- 2008-2012 Audi B8 S5 4.2L V8
- 2010-2016 Audi B8/B8.5 S4 3.0T
- 2013-2016 Audi B8.5 S5 3.0T
- 2013-2016 Audi B8.5 SQ5 3.0T