APR OPEN CARBON FIBER INTAKE - 1.8T/2.0T EA888 GEN 3 MQB
In stock and ready to ship!
The APR Open Carbon Fiber Intake System is the ultimate intake system for the 1.8T/2.0T Engine! We've maximized performance and sound dramatically by reducing pressure drop and increasing airflow. This translates to more horsepower and torque, and less physical strain on the turbocharger. The system looks great, sounds amazing, and produces more horsepower and torque you can feel.
Our beautiful carbon fiber intake system does away with the closed airbox design and uses a massive 7" washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4" rear outlet. This was necessary to limit pressure drop across the factory system and maximize airflow, while allowing you to fully hear the engine breathe! The massive filter provides excellent filtration. By oversizing the filter, we're able to limit pressure drop without sacrificing filtration. This is made possible through the use of greatly increased filter surface area. Carbon fiber not only looks great, but it allows us to make a complex and organic heat shield shape that keeps hot air pushed through the frontal radiator away from the intake tract. Furthermore carbon fiber allows us to limit wall thickness on the intake pipe, maximizing the pipe's internal diameter and thus airflow. Lastly, carbon fiber retains heat less than other materials, such as metal, making it ideal for performance.
- More horsepower with gains up to +12 AWHP over stock
- More torque with gains of up to +13 AWFT-LBS over stock
- Greatly outflows the full factory frontal airbox by 60% at 833 CFM vs 521 CFM
- Beautiful and functional carbon fiber heat shield
- Thin walled carbon fiber inlet pipes for maximum airflow through a larger internal ID
- Massive 7” washable and reusable cotton filter with a frontal inlet and 4” rear outlet
- Creates an intoxicating intake sound in the engine bay
- Improves throttle response
- Lessens pressure drop
- Lessens strain on the turbocharger
- Lessens heat retention compared to other materials, such as metal
- Compatible with APR and factory rear intake tubes and turbo inlet pipes
- Easily installs in minutes
Flow Bench and Power Testing
The factory intake system simply can’t match the performance of our intake system. The full factory frontal airbox only flows 521 CFM at 28” of H2O. We improved this by 60% with our open airbox, which flows 833 CFM by comparison! However, it’s important to always look at the intake system as a whole as flow numbers alone don’t always speak to the broader picture. The factory turbocharger can only flow just under 400 CFM through the factory opening, and any intake system will lessen maximum flow. The goal is to minimize all restrictions before the turbocharger as much as possible to maximize performance. The full factory system brings this down to 275 CFM, or 31% less. The full APR System (Open airbox, rear pipe, and turbo inlet pipe), bring this down to 345 CFM, which is only 13% less, or a 25% improvement over stock! This directly translates to more power you can feel. Our full bolt on APR Tuned S3 saw max gains of 12 AWHP and 13 AWFT-LBS of torque using the full intake system compared to stock! These are solid gains that make a noticeable difference in performance!
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s memorandum 1A. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and EPA Memorandum 1A. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
- 2022+ VW Mk8 GTI 2.0T
- 2022+ VW Mk8 Golf R 2.0T
- 2015-2021 VW Mk7, Mk7.5 Golf 1.8T
- 2015-2021 VW Mk7, Mk7.5 GTI 2.0T
- 2015-2021 VW Mk7, Mk7.5 Golf R 2.0T
- 2015-2019 VW Mk7, Mk7.5 Golf Sportwagen, Alltrack 1.8T
- 2019+ VW GLI 2.0T
- 2019+ VW Arteon 2.0T
- 2015-2020 Audi 8V A3 1.8T/2.0T
- 2015-2021 Audi 8V S3 2.0T
- 2015-2020 Audi 8S TT
- 2015-2020 Audi 8S TT-S
Please note that while this intake will fit on VW Mk8 GTI and Golf R models, it may take some more effort to get everything to fit properly and may still require the replacement of the turbo inlet hose with an aftermarket unit for proper fitment.