APR - ECU Upgrade -Mk5/Mk6/Mk7 Jetta / Sportwagen / Golf 2.0 TDI, NMS Passat 2.0 TDI, Audi A3 2.0 TDI
Please note that your vehicle must be present at one of our shops in order to program your ECU. To schedule an appointment, please feel free to contact us.
APR's ECU Upgrades are the best dollar-per-horsepower modification one can make to improve engine performance. The upgrades dramatically increase horsepower and torque, making for an exceptionally quicker and more exciting vehicle. This is made possible through APR's optimization of the factory engine management system to take full advantage of the engine's capabilities, without needing any end user adjustment. The ECU Upgrades are available with various features is compatible with most typical bolt-on modifications. The software is installed to the vehicle's factory ECU through the OBD-II port, resulting in a clean and headache-free install.
- Horsepower - More horsepower throughout the whole rpm band
- Torque - More torque throughout the whole rpm band
- Acceleration - Accelerate faster with more power and reduced throttle lag
- Brake Boosting - Left foot braking or brake boosting added
- Speed Limiter - Go as fast as you want with the speed limiter out of the way
- Economy - While cruising, or driving normally, your fuel economy may benefit from our optimized calibration
- Direct Port Programming - Clean and easy install through the OBD II port without removing the ECU
- Free Updates - Get free updates for life
- Guarantee - 30 day money back guarantee
APR Stage 1
The APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade is the first step towards making more power and torque! This simple upgrade requires no engine hardware modifications, and produces excellent leaps in horsepower and torque making the vehicle exceptionally quicker in all scenarios. Available for 2.0 TDI, 8 and 16 valve, Pumpe Düse (PD) and Common Rail (CR), single and twin turbo (BiTurbo), EA188, EA189 and EA288 engines. Don't see your engine listed? We may still have software! Visit an APR dealer for more details.
This ECU upgrade is applicable to several VW Mk5, Mk6 and Mk7 models. The power output of these vehicles vary. Please consult the cart below to see what your particular engine code is capable of.
- 2009-2010 VW Mk5 Jetta 2.0 TDI
- 2010-2014 VW Mk6 Golf 2.0 TDI
- 2010-2014 VW Mk6 Sportwagen 2.0 TDI
- 2011-2015 VW Mk6 Jetta 2.0 TDI
- 2015 VW Mk7 Golf 2.0 TDI
- 2015 VW Mk7 Golf Sportwagen 2.0 TDI
- 2012-2015 VW NMS (B7) Passat 2.0 TDI
- 2009-2014 Audi 8P A3 2.0 TDI
- 2015 Audi 8V A3 2.0 TDI
The APR Difference
Who we are - We’re a global automotive engineering firm nestled in Opelika, Alabama. Our 80,000ft² state-of-the-art facility is home to some of the best engineers in the industry, who have mastered hundreds of engine management systems. We have multiple engine and chassis dynos, and the resources necessary to create our ECU Upgrades in-house, from the ground up! We're not a new company either. We've been around since the 90's and we have a strong financial backing to ensure we'll be here to support you for decades to come!
What we do - We optimize everything to make your engine more powerful. We adjust air-fuel ratios, advance ignition, increase boost pressure, alter cam positions and lift profiles, and more, all depending on the type of engine and management system, of course! We don’t take shortcuts, and we don’t take risks. We do it the right way.
How we differ - With our proprietary calibration and direct ram access data logging tools and operating system code changes, we’re able to make some of the strongest and fastest ECU upgrades, without needing costly end user adjustments. We work with the ECUs intelligent modeling and closed-loop systems, and beta test in multiple environments to create upgrades that work no matter where you drive!