APR Brakes - VW Mk5, Mk6 Rabbit, Golf, Jetta, GTI, GLI, R32, B6 Passat, CC, Tiguan, Audi 8P A3, 8J TT, TTS
APR's Big Brake Kit is a great way to add more stopping power to your VW Mk5, Mk6 Golf, Rabbit, Jetta, GTI, GLI, B6 Passat, CC, Tiguan and Audi 8P A3 or 8J TT/TTS/TTRS.
APR’s Big Brake Upgrade is an ultra-durable, feature-packed solution specifically tailored to each vehicle. The brakes provide outstanding stopping-power at an affordable price and are targeted towards a wide operating range such as normal or spirited street driving, track days and HPDE events. The system handily out-brakes, out-lasts, and out-performs other systems on the market, including much larger and heavier setups such as the factory standard RS3/TTRS brakes!
Each system includes six-piston billet-aluminum calipers, floating two-piece discs with weight-saving aluminum hats, stainless-steel braided-Teflon lines, billet-aluminum mounting brackets, brake pads, all necessary mounting hardware, and a host of other features making this a full-featured braking system at an incredible value. Lastly, replacement pads and rings are readily available at an affordable price.
- Large six-piston, billet-aluminum calipers (red or black)
- 350x34mm curved-vane floating 2-piece rotors with aluminum hats
- Billet-aluminum caliper mounting brackets
- Stainless-steel braided-Teflon brake lines
- Street/track brake pads
- FEA optimized calipers for maximum strength and rigidity
- 3.6 LBS lighter than the factory MK7 Golf R system
- Extreme UV & temperature resistant European anodizing dyes
- Hand-polished, mirror-finished, hard-anodized aluminum pistons
- Ultra-high temperature pressure and wiper seals
- Stainless-steel hardware for long-term durability
- Seamless CuNi fluid crossover tubes for maximum corrosion / vibration resistance
- Pad pre-tensioning system designed to reduce brake noise / squeal
- Maximum Temperature Recording (MTR) devices on calipers and rotors
- Laser etched logos
No braking system is complete without the appropriate brake pad compound. APR brakes include a high-performance street pad that is also suitable for light track-sessions. They are designed to deliver strong braking performance across a wide temperature range yet are conservative for disc wear. The pad’s co-efficient of friction delivers reduced stopping distances and improved fade resistance compared to most factory compounds. The material exhibits a slightly rising torque curve through a single braking application causing the brakes to feel positive, but not overly aggressive, during initial engagement. This further results in gradually increased friction levels during the braking cycle, making the compound perfect for the grip associated with high performance street tires during medium to hard brake applications. Lastly, the pads feature a thermal under-layer between the friction material and pad backing plate, which slows heat transfer to the caliper pistons and seals, reducing brake fluid degradation and caliper damage.
Optional Brake Pads
This brake kit includes a set of high performance brake pads that are well suited for street use. For those looking for more aggressive braking, other brake pads are available by selecting the option above. These options include Advanced Street / Entry-Level Track Day Pads for more spirited street driving or basic track use or Advanced Track Day Pads for serious track day enthusiasts.
- 2006-2009 VW Mk5 Rabbit, GTI, GLI, Jetta
- 2010-2014 VW Mk6 GTI
- 2012-2018 VW Mk6 Jetta, GLI
- 2012-2019 VW Mk6 Beetle
- 2006-2015 VW Mk5/Mk6 Eos
- 2006-2011 VW B6 Passat
- 2009-2017 VW B6 CC
- 2009-2017 VW 5N Tiguan
- 2009-2013 Audi 8P A3
- 2009-2013 Audi 8J TT, TTS, TTRS