APR 1.8T/2.0T Intercooler System for Audi, VW MQB Platform Vehicles
The APR Intercooler System is a OEM location upgrade that dramatically reduces intake air temperature (IAT), minimizes heat soak, and provides increased performance! The system is a direct bolt-on upgrade that requires no trimming and is recommended at every stage of performance.
- Dramatically lowers intake air temp (IAT)
- Increases horsepower while minimizing power robbing heat soak!
- Effectiveness tested to over 500 HP!
- 21 horsepower gain over the factory system!
Massive Core Size:
- Use of the OEM location allows for a massive intercooler core.
- 24.25" x 16.25" x 1.25" - 492.5 in volume - OEM GTI
- 24.25" x 16.25" x 1.37" - 541.8 in volume - OEM Golf R
- 24.00" x 16.25" x 2.25" - 877.5 in volume - APR
Intercooler installed in the best location for this platform:
- Utilizes factory air dams for exceptional airflow across the core.
- 100% compatible with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system.
Highly effective core design:
- Bar and plate core with staggered and louvered fins.
- Rigorous testing determined core style, fin density, and size.
- Low pressure drop + highly effective cooling = high performance!
Smooth cast end tanks:
- Engineered for low turbulence/restriction and maximum flow.
- Organically shaped to promote airflow across entire core.
- Pressure tested to prevent power robbing boost leaks.
No hidden labor costs or permanent modifications:
- No trimming, cutting, or other costly modification required.
- No modification to the Adaptive Cruise Control System require.
- Full directions and APR world-renowned customer support included.
- Designed by engineers with lasers
- With the best equipment and smartest engineers!
APR pioneered the OEM-location direct-replacement intercooler system in 2006. Unfortunately, to the untrained eye, many intercooler designs appear the same. However, effectiveness of the system and overall performance are greatly determined by several key metrics. Alloy selection, end tank design, construction type, fin style, fin density and overall core dimensions must be analyzed and balanced accordingly to deliver class-leading performance. While the OEM goal is to create a lightweight, easy to manufacture and inexpensive to produce, cross-platform design capable of supporting factory power levels, APR's intercooler must be capable of supporting more than double the factory output. Achieving this goal took a multi-step approach focused around intercooler core selection, end tank design and install location.
The factory GTI and Golf R intercoolers saw a starting IAT of 43 C and 42 ;C which climbed to as high as 71 C and 66* C, respectively, by the end of only the first pull. In contrast, the APR intercooler system saw IATs drop to 40* C! The APR system effectively rejected heat soak and by the end of the sixth run saw a final IAT of 49* C where as both the GTI and Golf R intercoolers struggled to keep up, resulting in a final performance robbing IAT of 84* C and 82* C. This translated to a final gain of 21 WHP over the GTI intercooler and 18 WHP over the Golf R Intercooler!
- Audi A3 / S3 - (Typ 8Y / Mk4) - 2.0 TFSI - (EA888 Gen 4)
- Audi A3 / S3 - (Typ 8V / MK3) - 1.8 TFSI / 2.0 TFSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Audi TT / TT S - (Typ 8S - MK3) - 1.8 TFSI / 2.0 TFSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Seat Leon / Cupra - (Typ 5F - MK3) - 1.8 TSI / 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Skoda Octavia / VRS - (Typ 5E - MK3) - 1.8 TSI / 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Skoda Superb - (Typ 3V - B8) - 1.8 TSI / 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Volkswagen Golf / GTI / R - (Typ 5G - MK7) - 1.8 TSI / 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Volkswagen Passat - (Typ 3G - B8) - 1.8 TSI / 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 3)
- Volkswagen GTI / R - (MK8) - 2.0 TSI - (EA888 Gen 4)