42 Draft Designs - Mk3 VR6 / 2.0 8v "Test Pipe" OBD1 / OBD2
Unfortunately this part is no longer available.
- CNC mandrel bent 14 gauge aluminized steel tubing
- Custom laser cut 3/8" flange mates exactly to the stock flange and gasket
- Solid TIG welded construction
- 2.5" piping reduces to the stock 55mm band clamp for a bolt-on fit
- Fits exactly like the stock cat. No cutting or custom fitment required
- Fits Mk3 OBD1 and OBD2
- Available with reduced section for cat-back or 2.5" straight through
- Oxygen sensor bung locations differ by version and allow fitment of the oxygen sensor without ever modifying wire length!
- Pipe size reduction means the stock band clamp fits with no hammering or sealant
- Includes stainless steel hardware and OEM gasket
- Installation instructions included
- Removing the catalytic converter on a VR6 results in a sharper exhaust note and better flow. Horsepower gains of 3-5hp can be had in the upper RPM ranges while low end torque is not sacrificed. Power gains naturally depend on the condition of the catalytic converter removed and the exhaust system used.
According to 42 Draft testing:
The resulting sound of a test pipe also depends on the exhaust system used. Overall, adding a test pipe increases the volume of the exhaust note while also providing a much sharper sound. For example, when using a Magnaflow 2.25" cat-back exhaust system the volume of the exhaust note increases some at idle and cruising while becoming significantly louder at higher RPMs. Idle and low-load cruising attract little additional attention to the vehicle. High-revs and aggressive driving are obviously louder activities. Inside the car all low rpm 'drone' disappears. The exhaust note can be heard, but does not drown out the radio or conversation.
- Check local laws and emissions testing requirements before purchasing. In many states it is illegal to remove emissions devices.
- Will cause 'catalyst below efficiency' fault code and / or check engine light (CEL) to illuminate in the instrument cluster on OBD2 vehicles.
- For off road, racing and testing purposes only.
|Brand||42 Draft Designs|