42 Draft Designs - Transverse 2.0T FSI / Gen 1 TSI Downpipe
This is a special order item. Please feel free to contact us for the latest ETA.
Bolt-on more horsepower, torque and boost response!
When designing the 2.0T FSI & TSI motors VW thankfully increased the size of the K03 turbocharger. Unfortunately they also designed the downpipe like a brick wall. Rule #1 in turbocharger theory is reduce backpressure at the turbo discharge. With the factory downpipe installed, exhaust gases exit the turbo and wastegate only to meet a dense catalytic converter. By increasing the size of the piping to 3" and moving the catalytic converter further away from the turbo, exhaust gases can mix naturally and develop momentum before being filtered through the catalytic converter. The result is useable power and torque throughout the powerband, quicker throttle and boost response.
The modular nature of the 42DD 3" downpipe allows for changes to be made at any time without cutting or welding. Is your aftermarket cat-back exhaust too loud? the 42DD offset pipe can be replaced with a resonated pipe at any time.
42 Draft Designs downpipes include a high flow Magnaflow catalytic converter.
This downpipe is known to fit the following vehicles:
- 2006-2009 VW Mk5 GTI 2.0T
- 2010-2014 VW Mk6 GTI 2.0T
- 2005-2010 VW Mk5 Jetta 2.0T
- 2011-2013 VW Mk6 Jetta 2.0T (gen 1 TSI only!)
- 2012-2013 VW Beetle 2.0T (gen 1 TSI only!)
- 2007-2014 VW EOS 2.0T
- 2009-2017 VW CC 2.0T
- 2006-2011 VW Passat 2.0T FWD Only
- 2009-2017 VW Tiguan 2.0T FWD Only
- 2006-2012 Audi A3 2.0T FWD Only
- Fits all FWD transverse FSI and TSI engines including CCTA/CBFA
- Included adaptor allows fitment to stock exhaust
- Will fit any cat-back exhaust that reduces to stock diameter
- Does not fit Audi TT models!
Please note! 42 Draft hand builds each downpipe, and there may be a 7-14 day delay between when the order is placed and the downpipe is shipped to you depending on their current workload and stock level.
|Brand||42 Draft Designs|