2.0T Gen 1 TSI Upper Timing Chain Kit - Super Deluxe - Includes updated timing chain tensioner
This is our most compleate timing chain kit for the Gen 1 TSI 2.0T. This kit includes all of the parts necessary to replace both your upper and lower timing chain assemblies. We typically install this kit when rebuilding the bottom end of an engine or replacing the balance shaft assemblies. All of the upper and lower timing chain guide rails are included in this kit.
This Kit Includes:
- 06K109467K - Genuine VW/Audi upper timing chain tensioner (the most updated revision)*
- 06H109467AE - Oil pressure pump chain tensioner (high quality Febi Bilstein or OEM)
- 06K109158AD - Upper timing chain assembly (high quality Febi Bilstein or OEM)
- 06K109158BS - Lower timing chain assembly (high quality Febi Bilstein or OEM)
- 06H103483C - Victor Reinz or Elring upper timing chain cover gasket
- 06H103483D - Victor Reinz or Elring upper timing chain cover magnet seal
- WHT007212B - Camshaft Adjuster Magnet Seal O-Ring
- WHT001760 - Genuine VW/Audi crankshaft bolt**
- 06H109509Q - Upper timing chain left guide rail
- 06H109469AP - Upper timing chain right guide rail
- 06H109469T - Upper timing chain upper guide rail
- 06H109469AH - Lower timing chain lower right guide rail
- 06H109469AQ - Lower timing chain upper right guide rail
- 06H109509P - Lower timing chain lower left guide rail
In our experience, some of the following parts should absolutely be replaced when doing updating either the tensioner or installing a new upper chain. However, we also realize that not everyone is in the same situation and may already have certain parts in their possession. For this reason we list these parts as optional.
Lower Timing Chain Cover
While some have gotten lucky and managed to remove this lower cover without damaging it, most of the time it will get bent in the process of removing it. If this cover is flexed the wrong way even in the slightest amount, it will not seal properly and cause an oil leak. More often than not, even if the cover looks ok, it's going to need to be replaced. Save yourself a future headache and replace this part while you're already there. This lower timing chain cover also includes new front main seal already pressed into the cover.
The lower timing chain cover is different depending on your production date:
- Up to 12/12/2011 - 06H109210AG
- From 12/13/2011 - 06K109210AF
If you're wondering why the price of the lower timing chain cover is higher than elsewhere online, it's because we include new hardware with the cover. The factory bolts are stretch type and are only designed to be installed once. In our experience, replacement of this hardware is necessary to ensure proper sealing of the lower timing chain cover.
If you select the option above to include new hardware, you'll receive the following in your kit:
- N91130401 - 6x for upper right upper chain guide, lower and upper right lower chain guides
- N91130301 - 2x for left upper chain guide and lower chain left lower guide
- N10554005 - 2x for upper chain tensioner
When replacing the lower timing chain cover, it must be properly re-sealed. High quality Dirko RTV sealant is available as an option above. Please make sure you let the sealant cure for at least 30 minutes prior to filling your engine with oil and starting it.
Trust us, we're the experts
When comparison shopping online, check to make sure the company selling the parts you're looking to purchase actually installs them as well. As we have installed many customer supplied timing chain kits over the years, we've noticed that many other companies will often either sell you extra parts that aren't needed (chain guides) or don't include parts necessary to complete the job (crankshaft bolt). Most of the time, this is simply because the company selling the parts is not an actual shop. Unlike many of these other online retailers, we actually install the parts we list online. This means that we will only send you high quality parts that are tried and trusted.
Please note: This kit is intended for use on Gen 1 2.0T TSI engines only. *More than likely, this tensioner is probably the reason that you're performing this service on your vehicle. In our experience, we only trust OEM VW/Audi tensioners as we have seen issues with cheaper alternatives. **This is a stretch bolt from the factory, and only designed to be torqued to spec once. Failure to replace this bolt can lead to catastrophic failure.
|Brand||Assembled by NGP|