034MOTORSPORT X34 CARBON FIBER INTAKE SYSTEM, B9 AUDI A4/ALLROAD, A5 2.0 TFSI
Significant effort went into developing this comprehensive performance intake solution for the turbocharged 2.0 TFSI engine found in the latest generation B9 Audi A4/Allroad and A5 2.0 TFSI. Subsequently, the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System offers discerning enthusiasts measurable increases in horsepower and torque, sporty induction and turbocharger sounds, and a beautiful carbon fiber airbox and inlet pipe design.
Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested - all to ensure that the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System delivers measurable performance benefits and superb fitment. The result is a partially-enclosed airbox which uses the factory fresh air inlet duct and heat shield, while housing a massive 5" inlet conical air filter, and a matching CFD-optimized Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose.
MINIMIZING UNNECESSARY FILTER SHROUDING:
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
X34 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM FEATURES:
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- Fits Both Left and Right Hand Drive Configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Airbox
- High-Gloss Epoxy Finish
- Massive 5" Inlet Conical Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Velocity Stack
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Turbo Inlet Hose
- OEM+ Fit and Finish
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower Torque Gains
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox and Intake Tube
- Enhanced Engine Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- Securely Installs Using Factory Mounting Grommets
- Simple, Straightforward Installation Instructions
- Audi A4 2017+ B9/B9.5 2.0 TFSI
- Audi A5 2018+ B9/B9.5 2.0 TFSI
- Audi Allroad 2017+ B9/B9.5 2.0 TFSI
Fitment Note: We recommend visually verifying your intake system to ensure that it does not have a MAF (mass airflow) sensor attached to the airbox. The 034Motorsport X34 Cold Air Intake is only for vehicles without a MAF attached directly to the factory airbox. If you need assistance identifying whether your vehicle is equipped with a MAF or not, please contact us.
DYNO-PROVEN PERFORMANCE GAINS:
The X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System for B9 Audi A4/Allroad and A5 was engineered with performance in mind, and is a free-flowing replacement for the factory airbox and turbocharger inlet hose. As the fruition of this design approach, the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake System yields a measurable reduction in pressure drop at the turbo inlet compared to the factory airbox, with a corresponding increase in horsepower and torque throughout the powerband.
PEAK HORSEPOWER and TORQUE:
- Stock Intake: 253 Horsepower / 270 Foot-Pounds of Torque
- X34 Intake: 262 Horsepower / 274 Foot-Pounds of Torque
PEAK GAINS IN HORSEPOWER and TORQUE:
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 10 HP @ 6,100 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 8 FT-LBS @ 6,100 RPM
PRESSURE DROP REDUCTION:
- Stock Intake: Peak Pressure Drop of 0.58 PSI at 6,300 RPM
- X34 Intake: Peak Pressure Drop of 0.10 PSI at 6,300 RPM
Test Conditions: Dyno testing was performed on a stock 2017 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI using 91 octane fuel.
X34 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE DATA:
FACTORY B9 AUDI A4/A5 AIRBOX
- Peak Horsepower 253 HP
- Peak Torque 270 FT-LBS
- Peak Pressure Drop at Turbo Inlet 0.58 PSI
X34 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
- Peak Horsepower - 262 HP
- Peak Torque - 274 FT-LBS
- Peak Horsepower Gains - 10 HP @ 6,200 RPM
- Peak Torque Gains - 8 FT-LBS @ 6,200 RPM
- Peak Pressure Drop at Turbo Inlet - 0.10 PSI
- Peak Pressure Drop Reduction - 0.48 PSI @ 6,300 RPM
This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.