034Motorsport Strut Mount, Street Density, VW Mk8, Mk7, MK7.5 Golf/GTI/R/Jetta/GLI and 8V/8Y/8S Audi A3/S3/RS3, TT/TTS/TTRS (MQB)
2 required per vehicle.
We're proud to announce the availability of the 034 Motorsport Density Line Strut Mount for Mk8/Mk7 Volkswagen and 8V/8S Chassis Audi models!
034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts are the new standard in comfort and performance. Our mounts are redesigned with performance in mind, and manufactured from high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Density Line Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory mounts.
Sold individually, two required per vehicle.
The Street Density Strut Mount is manufactured from 70 durometer rubber, which is approximately 50% stiffer than stock. The rubber is also fully vulcanized to the center cups to increase the lifespan and performance of the mounts significantly.
The steel strut mount bodies have also been redesigned to cope with the added stresses of spirited driving.
The result is a significant reduction in deflection of the strut mount. These mounts will also eliminate the annoying "squeaking" sound often caused by the stock strut mounts when paired with coilover suspensions. Street Density Strut Mounts will only cause a minimal increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.
- Manufactured from 70 Durometer Rubber
- Rubber Fully Vulcanized to Center Cups
- Eliminates "Squeaking" Sound Caused by Factory Strut Mounts
- Reduced Strut Mount Deflection
- Maintain Proper Suspension Geometry Under Load
- Improved Steering Feel and Handling
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Strut Mounts
- Priced Individually - Two Required Per Vehicle
- 2022 - Present Volkswagen GTI / Golf R (Mk8)
- 2022 - Present Audi A3 / S3 / RS3 (8Y)
- 2015 - 2020 Audi A3 / S3 / RS3 (8V)
- 2014 - Present Audi TT / TTS / TTRS (8S)
- 2015 - 2021 Volkswagen Golf / GTI / R, Sportwagen, Alltrack (Mk7, Mk7.5)
- 2019 - Present Volkswagen Jetta / GLI (Mk7)
- 2018 - Present Volkswagen Atlas
- 2018 - Present Volkswagen Tiguan (5NA/MQB)
- 2019 - Present Volkswagen Arteon (all models)
- 5Q0412331A, 5Q0412331B, 5Q0412331C, 5Q0412331D, 5Q0412331E
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for suspension bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.
While the redesigned Volkswagen/Audi strut mount for the MkVII and 8V/8S chassis was a great improvement over the previous generations of strut mounts, they leave much to be desired when paired with performance dampers or coilover suspensions.
Many owners experience a "squeaking" sound coming from the front strut mounts after installing performance dampers or coilover suspensions. The noise becomes noticeable when pulling out of driveways, going over speed bumps, or traveling at low speed over uneven surfaces.
This "squeaking" is caused by the low durometer rubber used in the factory strut mounts, which causes the steel center cup to move inside of the rubber mount. Our Track Density Strut Mount Pair was designed to eliminate this annoying issue, and improve the performance of the vehicle's suspension.
Please Note: One vehicle requires 2 mounts.